The Union is a registered charity committed to teaching young people to speak in public with confidence and skill about the issues that matter.
We run workshops and debating competitions for schools and university students in Cambridge and around the country, and provide financial bursaries to ensure the widest possible participation in our educative programmes. We host lectures and debates to encourage young people to exchange ideas and engage critically with topical and important issues.
We receive no funding from the University or the government and so donations are vital in helping us cover the costs associated with our charitable mission.
By donating to the Union you can help us:
- Provide bursaries for young people from disadvantaged backgrounds to participate in our workshops for schools and debating competitions.
- Cover the costs of sending debating mentors to schools and universities around the country.
- Support the costs of producing and sharing videos of our debates and lectures with the widest online audience.
- Help us pay for the day-to-day running costs of the Society and outgoings associated with our speaker and debates programme.
- Pay for the necessary repairs and much-needed restoration works on our historic building.
Help make a difference and donate online now.
U.S. taxpayers can make a tax-deductible gift to Cambridge in America for the benefit of the Cambridge Union Society. Go to