Prices and Financial Support
ALL students of the University of Cambridge, Anglia Ruskin University, the BPP Law School Cambridge and the Judge Business School can sign up. If you go to another education institution, you can join as an online member.
- LIFE DISCOUNT @ £150 | Life Membership (after 11th October=£199) offers you membership for LIFE! The first 200 new life and access members are guaranteed a free freshers' ball ticket, open to new members of ALL years (not just first years!). Additional sign ups are guaranteed access to the ballot for free tickets taking place on Saturday 7th October for the ball on Saturday 14th October.
- ANNUAL DISCOUNT @ £99 |Annual Membership (after 11th October=£110) offers membership for a year, but you are not eligible to vote in society elections or for a free ball ticket. During the year, you have the option to upgrade to lifetime membership by paying the difference. This opportunity expires at the end of your year. Annual members are NOT eligible for a freshers' ball ticket.
- £99 ACCESS LIFE Membership is Life Membership, but discounted for those in receipt of a full maintenance grant (for those before 1st August 2016) and full maintenance loan (for those starting after 1st August 2016) and eligible for a Full Newton Trust Bursary (University of Cambridge Students) or a Start Up Bursary (Anglia Ruskin University). Access life members ARE eligible for all benefits of life membership including a guaranteed free ball ticket (if within the first 200 signups) and guaranteed to be eligible in the ballot for free ball tickets after the first 200 sign ups.
To purchase Access Membership, sign up as an access member £99 and bring evidence from Student Finance England that your household income has been accessed at £25, 000 or below (thus eligible for the bursary outlined above). If you cannot provide this on collection of your card, you will be given an annual membership card, which can be upgraded to access life membership for a processing fee of £5 when you present evidence at a later stage. If you have any questions or would like to see a template letter please email Emma and Johari at email@example.com
Online Membership (£30 per year) is only available to students who are not eligible for the above categories. If you are a student at another University anywhere in the world: this is the membership for you.
For a full breakdown of what is available within each category of membership, please see the Constitution.
To join today: click here
Congratulations to all those who gained a ticket in the initial 200 and offer day!
Details confirming your ticket will have been sent to the email with which you signed up.
A final ticket will be sent to you by 2nd October via email. You can use this as your ticket by showing a digital or printed copy of this.
To enter the ball you will need
1) Your ticket (digital copy on your phone or printed copy)
2) Your membership card (collect this by Friday 13th October from the Cambridge Union office)
3) ID with your date of birth
If you are a new life/access member, but have not secured a guaranteed ticket as above then the final tickets will be allocated by ballot on FRIDAY 6TH OCTOBER 6PM
This will be via a link sent to the email with which you sign up.
Tickets are allocated on a first come first served basis.
You will need your MEMBERSHIP NUMBER to fill out the ballot form-this is printed on the front of your membership card and the footer of your membership emails.
If you have any questions about the ballot or the freshers’ ball, please contact Jali at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have questions about Union membership, please contact Page at email@example.com