Prices and Financial Support
ALL students of the University of Cambridge, Anglia Ruskin University, the BPP Law School Cambridge and the Judge Business School can sign up. If you go to another education institution, you can join as an online member.
Membership is non-refundable
- LIFE Membership @ £150 | Life Membership = offers you membership for LIFE!
- ANNUAL DISCOUNT @ £99 |Annual Membership (after 11th October=£110) offers membership for a year, but you are not eligible to vote in society elections or for a free ball ticket. During the year, you have the option to upgrade to lifetime membership by paying the difference. This opportunity expires at the end of your year. Annual members are NOT eligible for a freshers' ball ticket.
- £99 ACCESS Membership is Life Membership, but discounted for those in receipt of a full maintenance loan and in receipt of the Full Cambridge Bursary Scheme (from Cambridge University) or a Start-Up Bursary (from Anglia Ruskin University). Access life members are eligible for all benefits of life membership including a guaranteed free ball ticket (if you are within the first 200 signups) and are guaranteed to be eligible to join the ballot for free ball tickets after the first 200 sign ups.
To purchase Access Membership, sign up as an access member for £99 and bring evidence from Student Finance England that your household income has been assessed at £25, 000 or below and your letter confirming receipt of the Full Cambridge Bursary.
We appreciate that you may not receive both these letters before the start of term.
If you cannot provide full evidence on collection of your card, you will be given a card with an expiry date lasting 1 year, which can be upgraded to access life membership for a processing fee of £5 when you present evidence at a later stage.
In the event that you are not eligible for acess membership and you have attended the Freshers' Ball, a charge for your ticket will be incurred.
If you have any questions please email the membership secretary at email@example.com
Online Membership (£30 per year) is only available to students who are not eligible for the above categories. If you are a student at another University anywhere in the world: this is the membership for you.
For a full breakdown of what is available within each category of membership, please see the Constitution.
To join today: click here
Congratulations to all those who gained a ticket in the initial 200 and offer day!
Details confirming your ticket will have been sent to the email with which you signed up.
A final ticket will be sent to you by 2nd October via email. You can use this as your ticket by showing a digital or printed copy of this.
To enter the ball you will need
1) Your ticket (digital copy on your phone or printed copy)
2) Your membership card (collect this by Friday 13th October from the Cambridge Union office)
3) ID with your date of birth
If you are a new life/access member, but have not secured a guaranteed ticket as above then the final tickets will be allocated by ballot on FRIDAY 6TH OCTOBER 6PM
This will be via a link sent to the email with which you sign up.
Tickets are allocated on a first come first served basis.
You will need your MEMBERSHIP NUMBER to fill out the ballot form-this is printed on the front of your membership card and the footer of your membership emails.
If you have any questions about the ballot or the freshers’ ball, please contact Jali at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have questions about Union membership, please contact Page at email@example.com